Cazenovia College participates in the New York State Arthur O. Eve Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP). This program is designed to assist students who are economically disadvantaged and have experienced academic difficulties in their pursuit of a college education. Approximately 15 students who have demonstrated the potential for college success are chosen each year for this program.
- Resident of New York State for one year prior to the first term for which aid is sought
- Possess a high school diploma or GED by the start of Summer College
- Meet income guidelines
- Financial: HEOP provides students with funds to meet the cost of education, such as tuition, room and board, and textbooks. Students are also eligible for other state, federal, and institutional financial aid assistance.
- Academic: Professional and peer tutoring; academic, personal, and career counseling; personal development workshops and group activities.
- Complete the Cazenovia College Application for Admission and indicate in the space provided your interest in HEOP. Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements to be considered for the program.
- Send copies of your current Federal and New York State tax returns, and/or any other current year income documentation (Social Security, Social Services Benefits, etc.).
- Each student who is accepted into HEOP and chooses to attend Cazenovia College must sign and return the Registration/Housing Agreement along with a $100 deposit (replaces the $250 deposit required of other students) to the Office of Admission & Financial Aid.
- HEOP students are required to attend a 5-week Pre-Freshman Summer College Program.
HEOP and its activities are supported, in whole or in part, by the New York State Education Department.