Bachelor of Arts
The B.A. in Biology- General provides students with a broad background in basic biological principles from the cellular and molecular levels through evolution and the functioning of ecosystems. As such, this general biology curriculum provides the breadth of biological experience essential for a diversity of careers in the health fields, in basic biological research in the laboratory and field, in biology education, or in business and industry. The curriculum includes a set of core courses in science and hands-on learning opportunities.
• Provide students with an understanding of the breadth of biological fields
• Provide students with a solid foundation in biological, ecological and evolutionary principles that apply to all of biology
• Provide opportunities for laboratory or field research experiences
• Prepare students for a suite of potential biological careers
- Extensive field and research component in local natural areas.
- The College offers an Inclusive Adolescence Education Program which prepares students for New York State initial teacher certification in Adolescence Education, Biology (7-12) and in Teaching Students with Disabilities, (7-12). For more information please visit: http://www.cazenovia.edu/academics/divisions-and-majors/social-and-behavioral-sciences/inclusive-adolescence-education-biology
Management in biologically-based business or industry