Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions for Summer Term Courses 

Q. How much is Tuition?
A. Tuition for summer online courses is $245 per credit hour for part-time students.
Q. What are the dates of the spring semester?
A. Summer Session I is Wednesday, May 21, 2014 through Wednesday, July 2, 2014. Summer Session II is Monday, July 7, 2014 through Thursday, August 14, 2014. Blackboard access to your course will be available beginning May 12, 2014.
Q. If I am not a Cazenovia College student, can I still register?
A. Yes, Cazenovia College welcomes visiting students each term. Please download and complete the visiting student application. [ Download Visiting Student Application (pdf) ]
Q. How can I drop or withdraw from a class?
A. Part-time students and visiting students must contact the Center for Career and Extended Learning to drop or withdraw from a course by submitting a written request, faxing a request to 315-655-6996 or by emailing Please include your full name and the course name and number you wish to drop.
Full-time students must contact their advisor and complete an add/drop form.  The completed add/drop form must be returned to Enrollment Services.
Q. Do I get a refund if I drop or withdraw from a course?
A. Refunds for institutional charges are made only after an add/drop form is completed. Add/drop forms are available in Enrollment Services and the Center for Career and Extended Learning.  All refunds are based on the official withdrawal date noted on the add/drop form.  The refund will include only tuition.
1st week (until end of Add/Drop Period): 100 percent of tuition
2nd week: 75 percent of tuition
3rd week: 50 percent of tuition
4th week: 25 percent of tuition
Q. How do I obtain a refund?
A. Once a drop has been processed, the student should contact Student Accounts to verify method of refund. 
Q. Am I required to be on campus at any time for the winter term?
A. No, all of your coursework will be completed online.
Q. How do I get my grades?
A. Students can check their grades through WebAdvisor. 
Q. How do I get my credits transferred over to my college or university?
A. You are encouraged to confirm with your academic advisor at your home institution that you will receive credit for a course taken through Cazenovia College.  Most colleges require a course description of the course to be transferred before granting permission. Course descriptions can be found on our online course catalog. To have your credits transferred, request that a transcript be sent to your school from Cazenovia College’s Enrollment Services Center.