- Associate Professor, Psychology
- Program Director, Psychology
- Abnormal Psychology
- Theories of Personality
- Child Psychology
- Learning, Brain and Behavior
- Senior Capstone
- First Year Seminar: Psychology and the Media
- Educational Psychology
- Introduction to Psychology
Social & Behavioral Sciences
Contact Information Available
Williams Hall 342
This is Professor Holdren's seventh year teaching at Cazenovia having recently completed his pre-doctoral internship at the Counseling and Psychological Services of Clemson University in South Carolina. Research interests include proposed differences among overt and covert narcissism subtypes, personality disorders and diagnoses, as well as psychotherapy effectiveness.
- B.S., SUNY College at Buffalo
- Ph.D., Clinical Psychology, Ohio University
- Cazenovia College Class of 2004 Honorary Class Member
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude, SUNY College at Buffalo
- Outstanding Senior in Psychology at SUNY College at Buffalo, 1996
- Holdren, M. E., & Garske, J. P. (2003 August). Attributions among overt and covert narcissism subtypes. Poster presented at the 111th Annual Convention of the APA.
- Holdren, M. E. (2003 August). Symptom presentation differences among overt and covert narcissism subtypes. Poster presented at the 111th Annual Convention of the APA.
- Holdren, M.E., Myrow, D., Alessi, S., Manzella, M., & Karuza, J. (1996, August). Therapy effectiveness and patient satisfaction measurement in private practice network. Paper presented at the 104th Annual Convention of the American Psychological Association, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- Teaching experience includes six years teaching at Cazenovia, several classes at Ohio University, and numerous presentations at regional and national psychological conferences.
- Clinical experience includes pre-doctoral internship at Clemson University’s Counseling and Psychological Services, part-time staff appointment at the Ohio University’s Counseling and Psychological Services, and Psychology Traineeships at Ohio University’s Counseling and Psychological Services and Woodland’s Community Mental Health Center in Gallipolis, Ohio.
- Psi Chi - the National Psychology Honor Society since 1995