- Professor, Art
Art & Design
Contact Information Available
Jephson Campus A, Room 207
Links Added for Full Biography, Curriculum Vitae or Personal Website
Jo Buffalo is an accomplished artist who has been with Cazenovia College since 1985. She has been active with the Cultural Resources Council in Syracuse and the New York State Council on the Arts. Her ceramic art has been on exhibit in Central New York, New York City and Washington, D.C., and she has received commissions in numerous northeastern cities and Colorado.
- MFA Illustration, Syracuse University
- BFA Ceramics, Syracuse University
- 2003-present“Who’s Who in America” “Who’s Who in the Globe”
- 2000-present ” Who’s who of American Teachers”
- 1999 Presidential Scholarship, Cazenovia College
- 1997 James Renwick Senior Fellowship, National Museum of American Art, Smithsonian Institution, Washington D.C.
- 1996-present ” Who’s who of American Women”
- 1985 Museum Purchase, Everson Museum of Art, Syracuse, New York
- 1981 New York State Council on the Arts Grant to be a featured artist in “New Works in Clay III,” Everson Museum of Art, Syracuse, New York
- 1998: Public Lecture, Smithsonian Experience
- 1997: "Ceramic Plates" National Museum of American History, Smithsonian Institution
- 1997: "Ceramic Plates: Not Dentures and Not Just Dinnerware," National Museum of American Art, Smithsonian Institution
- 1994: "Portrait of an Artist as a Young Bison," guest lecture, Raleigh-Durham
- 1993: "Senior Project-Senior Seminar: A Six-Credit Finale," Senior Year Experience, George Mason University
- 1993: "Arts and Sciences and the Visual Arts: A New Kind of Interdisciplinarity," National Conference on the Liberal Arts and the Education of Artists, New York City
- 1992: "Arts and Sciences and the Liberal Arts," Conference for Interdisciplinarity, George Mas
- 2005: Solo Exhibition, Connelly Gallery, Binghamton,NY
- 1997: Staff Art Exhibition, National Museum of American Art, Washington, D.C.
- 1996: Solo Exhibition and lecture, Chapman Cultural Center, Cazenovia
- 1996: "Kiln Art" Invitational, John Mulroy Civic Center, Syracuse
- 1995: "From Lumps of Clay," Artifice Gallery, Syracuse; "Being Patient: Women and Health," Altered Space Gallery, Syracuse.
- 1986-2001: Commercial Illustration Director, Bachelor of Fine Arts in Visual Communications, Cazenovia College
- 1989-1992: Arts Area Coordinator, BS Program, Cazenovia College
- 1985-1986: Lecturer, Cazenovia College
- 1983-1986: Ceramics Instructor, Syracuse University
- 1976-1979: Instructor/Headmistress, St. Lucia's, Raruowa, South Nyanza, Kenya
- 1974-1976: Ceramics Instructor, Syracuse University
- Zakin, Richard, Electric Kiln Ceramics, 3rd edition, Krause Publications, 2004, color plate p.234 Butler, Ruth ed. Ceramics Monthly, cover and three page feature article,” Jo Buffalo” published in November 1997
- Adamson, Jeremy, “Jo Buffalo: Renwick Fellow in Residence,” James Renwick Alliance Quarterly, Renwick Gallery, National Museum of American Art, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, D.C., 1997
- Gibson, Sheila, Syracuse New Times, feature article “Natural Born Geniuses,” October 5,1995.
- Neilen, Deirdre, Syracuse New Times, review of exhibition “Hoof prints,” Artifice Gallery, Syracuse New York, December 29,1993.
- Perry, Barbara, Ed. American Ceramics-The Collection of the Everson Museum