- Assistant Professor, Communication Studies
- Effective Speaking
- Interpersonal Communication
- Communication Concepts & Theory
- Research Methods
- Organizational Communication
- Small Group Communication
- Nonverbal Communication
- Introduction to Communication
Humanities & Natural Sciences
Contact Information Available
13 Nickerson Street
- BA, Political Science, Ohio Northern University
- MS, Communications, Ithaca College
- MA, Ohio University, Communication Studies
- PhD, Rhetoric and Public Culture, Ohio University
- Ledbetter, A. L., Stassen, H. M., & Dowd, M. (2013). Comparing equity and self-expansion theory approaches to relational maintenance. Personal Relationships, 20, 38-51.
- Ledbetter, A. M., Stassen, H. M., Kotey, E., & Muhammad, H. (2010). Relational maintenance as including the other in the self. Qualitative Research Reports in Communication, 11, 21-28.
- Stassen, H. M., & Bates, B. R. (2010). Constructing : Exploring marriage as an ideograph. Qualitative Research Reports in Communication, 11, 1-5 .
- Stassen, H. M. (2009). Gold in the trash: Junk mail and new-media ecology. Explorations in Media Ecology, 8(3), 195-207.
- Stassen, H. M., & Benvenuti, E. (Student Coauthor). (2012). Narrating the old hag: Sleep paralysis and theory of motivated information management. Paper presented to Health Communication Division at the Eastern Communication Association Annual Conference, Cambridge, MA.
- Stassen, H. M. (2012). Challenging identity: Discussing doctor-patient communication in the introductory course. Paper presented to the Health Communication Division at the Eastern Communication Association Annual Conference, Cambridge, MA.
- Stassen, H. M. (2011). Millenials in the workplace. Paper presented to the New York State Communication Conference, Ellenville, NY.