- Assistant Professor, Inclusive Education
- IECE/IEE Program Director
- Education Club Advisor
- Women's Empowerment Group Advisor
- ED 111 Child Development and Observation
- ED 325 Multicultural Literacy
- ED 371 Assessment and Intervention in Education
- ED 388 Student Teaching Primary Level
- ED 484 Student Teaching Pre-K and K
- ED 488 Student Teaching Intermediate Level
- SB/HG 101K-01 FYS: I Am Woman, Hear Me Roar
Social & Behavioral Sciences
Contact Information Available
Eddy Hall 308
Dr. Miller started teaching at Cazenovia College in 2011. Before coming to Cazenovia College, she held various teaching and school leadership positions in North Carolina and New York. She has experience serving as a special education teacher, an early childhood teacher, and school administrator. Dr. Miller's research primarily focuses on inclusive education, resiliency theory, multicultural literacy, female intellectual downplaying, and nontraditional family structures. Dr. Miller currently serves as the Inclusive Early Childhood Education (IECE) and Inclusive Elementary Education (IEE) Program Director as well as the advisor for both the Cazenovia College Education Club and the Women's Empowerment Group. In addition to her work at the college, Dr. Miller is the founder and CEO of Professor Patty Cake Consulting, L.L.C., a company that provides affordable, high quality professional development training and consulting services to individuals providing care and/or education to children. Follow her on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/professorpattycakeconsulting and Twitter @ProfPattyCake.
- Ed.D., Educational Leadership, UNC- Chapel Hill
- MSA, School Administration, UNC- Chapel Hill
- MA, Education (Special Education), California State University, Sacramento
- BA, Arts in Education, William Smith College
- 2014 Phi Kapa Phi Literacy Grant
- Sigma Alpha Pi Excellence in Teaching Award
- North Carolina High Growth School Recognition
- NCASA Trailblazer Award- School Division
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Miller, E. (2014, Spring). Meeting the needs of today's modern families. NYSECTA Newsletter,1(3), 6-8.
- Livermore,J.,Wieczorek, K. & Miller, E. (2014, Spring/Summer). Three teachers meeting the challenges of the APPR. Excelsior: Leadership in Teaching and Learning, 8(2), 29-50.
- Miller, E., Wieczorek, K. & Livermore, J. M. (2013). Partnerships at risk? Using field placement research to continue effective college/university-school partnerships. Excelsior:Leadership in Teaching and Learning, 7(2), 48-62.
- Vernold*, E. L. (2008). Special education teacher resiliency: What keeps teachers in the field? (ISBN-13 NO.978-1248982648). * Maiden Name
- Professional Conferences:
- Miller, E. (2014, July). Changing Policies and Procedures to Meet the Changing Needs of Today’s Families. Paper presentation at the 21st Annual International Conference on Learning, Lander College for Women, New York City, NY.
- Miller, E. (2014, April). Female Intellectual Downplaying- The Study. Paper presentation at the Cazenovia College Women's Empowerment Research Conference, Cazenovia College, Cazenovia, NY.
- Miller, E. (2014, February). Another Brick in the Wall: Pink Floyd, Race to the Top, and the "Standardization" of Public Education. Panel presentation at the New York State Foundations of Education Association Annual Meeting, Colgate University, Hamilton, NY.
- Miller, E. (2013, April). Changing Policies and Procedures to Meet the Changing Needs of Today’s Families. Paper presented at NYSAEYC Annual Conference, Verona, NY.
- Johnson, R., Livermore, J. M., Miller, E. & Wieczorek, K. (2012). Designing an adolescent teacher education program from scratch: A space for sharing what works. (NYSATE/NYACTE) Annual Fall Conference. Albany, NY.
- Livermore, J., Miller, E. & Wieczorek, K. (2012, October). Partnerships at Risk? Using Field Placement Research to Continue Effective College/University-School Partnerships. Paper presented at NYSATE/ NYACTE Annual Conference, Albany, NY.
- Livermore, J., Miller, E., & Wieczorek, K. (2011, October). 9/13 + 3/5 = 12/18?! Forging Connections to Change the Story of Teacher Candidates' Quantitative Literacy. Round table presentation presented at NYSATE/NYACTE Annual Conference, Saratoga Springs, NY.
- Miller, E. (2014, March). Changing Families: Multicultural Principles and Culturally Responsive Practices to Meet Diverse Language and Literacy Needs. Workshop presented at CAPCO, Cortland, NY.
- Miller, E. (2014, March). Culturally Responsive Literacy Instruction for Early Childhood and Elementary Classrooms. Workshop presented at Cazenovia College's Office of Extended Learning, Cazenovia, NY.
- Miller, E. (2014, January). Changing Families: Multicultural Principles and Culturally Responsive Practices to Meet Diverse Language and Literacy Needs. Workshop presented at Tioga Opportunities, Owego, NY.
- Lecture Series:
- Miller, E. (2013, March/April). Horace Mann: The Forefather of Our American Schools. Lecturer for Cazenovia College’s Great Minds/Great Ideas Lecture Series, Manlius/Cazenovia, NY.
- Student Research Sponsorship:
- Rutkowski, E., Sloper, C. & Torti, K. (2014, April) Creative Arts and Movement in the Early Childhood Classroom. Student poster presentation at New York State Association for the Education of Young Children Annual Conference, Verona, NY.
- Mettlen, A. (2013, April). The Impact of Teacher Professional Development in Early Childhood Learning. Student poster presentation at NYSAEYC Annual Conference, Verona, NY.
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD), ASCD-New York
- Council for Exceptional Children (CEC)
- CEC- Teacher Education Division (TED), NYCEC
- Higher Education Teaching and Learning Association (HETL)
- National Association for Education of Young Children (NAEYC), Syracuse-AEYC, New York-AEYC
- New York State Association of Teacher Educators (NYSATE)
- New York State Foundations of Education Association (NYSFEA)
- New York State Elementary Classroom Teachers Association (NYSECTA)
- North American Reggio Emilia Alliance
- Phi Delta Kappa
- NY School District Leader Professional Certification
- NY School Building Leader Professional Certification
- NY Permanent Special Education Teaching Certification (K-12)
- NY Provisional Elementary Education Teaching Certification (Pre-K- 6)
- NC Superintendent License (K-12)
- NC Principal License (K-12)
- NC Cross Categorical Special Education Professional Teaching License (K-12)
- NC Elementary Education Professional Teaching License (K-6)
- NC Early Childhood Lead Teacher Status