- Assistant Professor, Inclusive Education
- IECE/IEE Program Director
- Education Club Advisor
- Women's Empowerment Group Advisor
- ED 111 Child Development and Observation
- ED 131 Teaching and Learning in Diverse Communities
- ED 325 Multicultural Literacy
- ED 371 Assessment and Intervention in Education
- ED 388 & 484/488 Student Teaching
- SB/HG 101K-01 FYS: I Am Woman, Hear Me Roar
Social & Behavioral Sciences
Contact Information Available
Eddy Hall 308
Dr. Miller started teaching at Cazenovia College in 2011. Before coming to Cazenovia College, she held various teaching and school leadership positions in North Carolina and New York. She has experience serving as a special education teacher, an early childhood teacher, an assistant principal, and a principal. Dr. Miller's research primarily focuses on inclusive education and resiliency theory. She is particularly interested in the role that the arts play in promoting inclusive educational environments for students with disabilities. Dr. Miller currently serves as the Inclusive Early Childhood Education (IECE) and Inclusive Elementary Education (IEE) Program Director as well as the advisor for both the Cazenovia College Education Club and the Women's Empowerment Group.
- Ed.D., Educational Leadership, UNC- Chapel Hill
- MSA, School Administration, UNC- Chapel Hill
- MA, Education (Special Education), California State University, Sacramento
- BA, Arts in Education, William Smith College
- North Carolina High Growth School Recognition
- NCASA Trailblazer Award- School Division
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Livermore,J.,Wieczorek, K. & Miller, E. (In Press). Three teachers meeting the challenges of the APPR. Excelsior: Leadership in Teaching and Learning.
- Livermore, J., Miller, E. & Wieczorek, K. (2013, Spring/Summer) Partnerships at risk? Using field placement research to continue effective college/ university-school partnerships. Excelsior: Leadership in Teaching and Learning, 7(2), 46-60.
- Miller, E. (2014, January). Changing Families: Multicultural Principles and Culturally Responsive Practices to Meet Diverse Language and Literacy Needs. Workshop presented at Tioga Opportunities, Owego, NY.
- Miller, E. (2013, April). Changing Policies and Procedures to Meet the Changing Needs of Today’s Families. Paper presented at NYSAEYC Annual Conference, Verona, NY.
- Miller, E. (2013, March/April). Horace Mann: The Forefather of Our American Schools. Lecturer for Cazenovia College’s Great Minds/Great Ideas Lecture Series, Manlius/Cazenovia, NY.
- Johnson, R., Livermore, J. M., Miller, E. & Wieczorek, K. (2012). Designing an adolescent teacher education program from scratch: A space for sharing what works. (NYSATE/NYACTE) Annual Fall Conference. Albany, NY.
- Livermore, J., Miller, E. & Wieczorek, K. (2012, October). Partnerships at Risk? Using Field Placement Research to Continue Effective College/University-School Partnerships. Paper presented at NYSATE/ NYACTE Annual Conference, Albany, NY.
- Livermore, J., Miller, E., & Wieczorek, K. (2011, October). 9/13 + 3/5 = 12/18?! Forging Connections to Change the Story of Teacher Candidates' Quantitative Literacy. Round table presentation presented at NYSATE/NYACTE Annual Conference, Saratoga Springs, NY.
- Student Research Sponsorship: Mettlen, A. (2013, April). The Impact of Teacher Professional Development in Early Childhood Learning. Student poster presentation at NYSAEYC Annual Conference, Verona, NY.
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD), ASCD-New York
- Council for Exceptional Children (CEC)
- CEC- Teacher Education Division (TED), NYCEC
- National Association for Education of Young Children (NAEYC), Syracuse-AEYC, New York-AEYC
- New York State Association of Teacher Educators (NYSATE)
- New York State Foundations of Education Association (NYSFEA)
- North American Reggio Emilia Alliance
- Phi Delta Kappa
- NY School District Leader Professional Certification
- NY School Building Leader Professional Certification
- NY Permanent Special Education Teaching Certification (K-12)
- NY Provisional Elementary Education Teaching Certification (Pre-K- 6)
- NC Superintendent License (K-12)
- NC Principal License (K-12)
- NC Cross Categorical Special Education Professional Teaching License (K-12)
- NC Elementary Education Professional Teaching License (K-6)
- NC Early Childhood Lead Teacher Status