Monday, June 30, 2014 - 8:00am
Google+ is a social networking platform that gives users a unique social experience with options including video chat, communities, circles and more. The platform is connected with Google, making it a great tool for research and information.
What are circles?
- Circles are an easy way to organize real-life interactions into different groups. For example, first year students could put all of the classmates from their First Year seminar in one circle and all of their close friends in another. Faculty members could create circles for their departments or classes.
What is +1?
- +1 is very similar to the “like” option on Facebook; you like another user's photo, comment or video, and want to let the person know. Users who are in your circles will be able to see what you have +1’d.
What is a Hangout?
- A hangout is a group video chat for up to 10 people. It can be used on a desktop, a tablet or smartphone.
- A hangout on-air is a video chat that can be live streamed for anyone to watch and can be replayed on YouTube or Google+. There is a Q & A option included in hangouts; this is great for bigger video chats, student project groups, conferences or informational meetings.
What are Communities?
- Communities are an easy way to connect with other users who share the same interests and/or passions. Communities are great for interaction using photos, asking questions, posting videos, joining events and more.
- Examples: Photography, Education, Fashion Design, International Relations, Astrology, Food Lovers & more.
Join Google+ today and follow our page!
Cazenovia College Google+