Providing primary care, health promotion and education to the campus community.
Director and Nurse Practitioner
Susan A. Berger, EdD, ANP
Kate Dolan, MS, FNP
Kathy Same, MS, RN
Lynne Joncas, AAS
Download our Campus Health Services Brochure (pdf).
Here are a few facts about Campus Health Services.
- Fall/Spring term hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday 2 p.m.- 5 p.m.
- PHONE: on campus ext. 7122 off campus (315) 655-7122
- Semester Break and Summer hours: Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - noon
- All visits to the Health Service Office are confidential. No information is released without permission.
- All entering students are required to have a college admission physical. (Sports physicals done in the high school are not acceptable). The form should be on file prior to the first day of classes. If necessary, physicals are available through the Health Service and can be scheduled after August 22. The fee is $40.
- All students born after 1956 are required to submit proof of immunizations including 2 measles, 1 mumps and 1 rubella shot given after the 1st birthday. Forms will be mailed to admitted students and are also available through Admissions. New York State law prohibits class attendance if documentation is not provided at the start of classes.
- Students are required to provide proof of health insurance each year by July 31. A basic Student Insurance plan is available through Gallagher Koster, Inc. for $1,342/year and can also be used to supplement your existing plan. The fee is prorated for January entrants. The plan covers one physical per year.
- Prepaid fees cover most services and supplies, however, a separate charge may apply for stock prescription medications, vaccinations, lab tests and special order medical supplies. A statement is available for insurance purposes. Students do not need to be enrolled in the College's student insurance plan to take advantage of the health services on campus.
- Local Family Practice for referrals: Heritage Family Medicine, Cazenovia. Telephone: 315.655.8171
- Students are responsible for notifying professors of absences caused by illness or injury.
- Check with your Health Care Provider for more information about the Meningitis vaccine. Vaccines are available through the Health Office.
- Flu shots are available on campus every Fall for about $12-$17.
View the Influenza Information Web page for more information.
Symptoms of the Flu and When to Seek Medical Care [View PDF] Flu Self Care
Go Ask Alice at Columbia University
For information about MRSA, travel advisories, sexually transmitted infections, communicable diseases, and more
For nutrition information go to www.nutrition.gov/ or http://www.healthymadisoncounty.org
For general health information medlineplus.gov/
Go to https://www.gallagherkoster.com for Student Insurance Information Student Health 101 Newsletter