President’s Statement on Diversity and Inclusion
Cazenovia College welcomes people of all backgrounds and beliefs who wish to participate in a diverse living and learning community. The College strives to be a place where students, faculty, staff, and visitors interact in an atmosphere of inclusive engagement, free from discrimination and harassment. We are a close-knit campus community where a diversity of opinions is celebrated and where debate and discussion of these opinions is valued as part of our collective learning and growth.
Our commitment to inclusion is central to our mission of providing a supportive, personalized learning environment. We embrace access to success for all and treat each member of the Cazenovia College community with fairness and respect. We recognize that cross-cultural interactions may sometimes cause discomfort, but are also learning opportunities that challenge us to think differently. We acknowledge that each of us is entitled to our views and beliefs and at the same time, we are pledged to respect diversity in all forms.
Our commitment to diversity extends to our relationship with the surrounding community as well. As an institution with a significant presence in the community and with a diverse student body, we are committed to fostering an informed and welcoming environment for our students, faculty, and staff in the Village of Cazenovia. We accomplish this through our involvement with local government, community groups, businesses, and individuals. We offer programs and events for the community that provide opportunities to explore, respect, and value diversity.
To strengthen our commitment, a Diversity Committee made up of faculty, staff and students was established at the College. The Committee’s primary focus is to advance the diversity-related initiatives identified in our Strategic Plan, including increasing the diversity of the student body, faculty, and staff; strengthening diversity education as part of the core curriculum; and supporting campus-wide programming around diversity.
Cazenovia College recognizes that respect for, and civility toward, one another is a hallmark of a strong campus community. We embrace diversity as being essential to enriching our learning environment and cultivating creativity and growth.
Ron Chesbrough, Ph.D.
- The MOSAIC Center is a multicultural resource center, by students and for students. It is designed to tackle issues of inequality, promote cultural diversity in many forms, and provide a space for dialogue within the entire campus community.
- The Office of Special Services provides a variety of support services to help students with disabilities.
- Gender inclusive restrooms & gender inclusive handicap accessible restrooms are available throughout our campus. View the gender inclusive restroom map.
- The Bias Incident Reporting Form is available to report a bias incident that you witnessed on the Cazenovia College campus or at an event sponsored by Cazenovia College off campus. You may choose to provide your name or remain anonymous in the reporting process.
- Visit the Student Life Diversity and Inclusion page.
- In conjunction with our Black Lives Matter Virtual Vigil on June 26, 2020, we compiled a number of resources in support of Black Lives Matter. You can find those resources at A Growing List of Resources in Support of the Black Lives Matter Movement.
- Contact the Diversity Committee at email@example.com.