(Additional information on all New York State Grant Programs is available at www.hesc.com.)

Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)
TAP provides funds in the form of grants for students who have been legal residents of New York State for at least one year immediately preceding the term for which payment is requested. To be eligible for a TAP award, a student must be a United States citizen or resident alien, a New York State resident, and a full-time, matriculated student in an approved program in New York State.

Awards range from $500 to $5,165, depending on financial need, level of study and the college attended. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application and the Express TAP Application (ETA) must be completed in order to be considered for TAP. Note the specific questions regarding New York State taxable income on the ETA.

The Higher Education Services Corporation determines eligibility and will mail an award certificate directly to the student, indicating the grant amount. If the student’s TAP award is reduced by the state following New York State income verification process (IVP) or because of legislative action, the College is not required to make up the difference. If the initial award calculation was based on incorrect income information, the student is liable to pay the difference to the College.

Aid for Part-time Study (APTS)
APTS is a grant program financed by New York State in conjunction with participating educational institutions throughout the state. The program provides up to $2,000 per year to help part-time undergraduate students meet their educational expenses.

Applications are available from the Enrollment Services Center. Applicants of APTS must also file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

Higher Education Opportunity Program
The Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP) supports the educational needs of New York State residents who are economically and educationally disadvantaged. Services include screening, testing, special course work, counseling and supplemental assistance. Students interested in HEOP should contact the Admissions Office.

Awards for Children of Deceased or Disabled Veterans
A special application, obtainable from high school counselors, must be filed with the New York Higher Education Services Corporation, Albany, NY 12255. Documentary evidence to establish eligibility is required with the application.

Awards for Children of Deceased Police Officers or Fire Fighters
This is available for children of police officers or fire fighters who served in New York State and who died as a result of injuries sustained in the line of duty.

Application is made by filing a special Award Supplement. The Award Supplement can be obtained from the New York State Higher Education Services Corporation, Albany, New York 12255.

State Aid to Native Americans
Application forms may be obtained from the Native American Education Unit, New York State Education Department, Albany, New York 12234.

This program (for study only in New York State) provides aid to enrolled members of tribes listed on the official roll of New York State tribes or to the child of an enrolled member of a New York State tribe.

Adult Career & Continuing Ed Services (Vocational Rehabilitation) (ACCES-VR)
The New York State Division of Vocational Rehabilitation provides program counseling and financial assistance for students who have certain disabilities. Contact the nearest District Office for information.