Cazenovia College participates in the New York State Arthur O. Eve Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP). This program is designed to assist students who are economically disadvantaged and have experienced academic difficulties in their pursuit of a college education. Approximately 15-25 students who have demonstrated the potential for college success are chosen each year for this program.
- Resident of New York State for one year prior to the first term for which aid is sought
- Possess a high school diploma or GED by the start of Summer College
- Meet income guidelines
- Complete the FAFSA and TAP forms
2022-23 Higher Education Opportunity Program Guidelines*
|Number in Household||
Federal Poverty Guidelines (FPG)1
2022 HEOP Guidelines
(185% of FPG)
*2022 HEOP Guidelines are determined based on 2020 household income (prior-prior) and 2021 HHS/NPG.
For families/households with 8+ people $8,399 was added to the amount for each additional person.
Benefits and Services:
- Financial: HEOP provides students with funds to meet the cost of education, such as tuition, room and board, and textbooks. Students are also eligible for other state, federal, and institutional financial aid assistance.
- Academic: Professional and peer tutoring; academic, personal, and career counseling; personal development workshops and group activities.
How to Apply:
- Applicants who meet the eligibility requirements for HEOP must complete the Common Application or the Cazenovia application and be accepted into Cazenovia College
- Copies of your current Federal and New York State tax returns, and/or any other current year income documentation (Social Security, Social Services Benefits, etc.), should be mailed to: Office of Admissions, Cazenovia College, Constable Hall, 3 Sullivan Street, Cazenovia, NY 13035
- Each student who is accepted into HEOP and chooses to attend Cazenovia College must sign and return the Registration/Housing Agreement along with a $100 deposit (replaces the $200 deposit required of other students) to the Office of Admission & Financial Aid
- HEOP students are required to attend a 5 week Pre-Freshman Summer College Program
Instructions for Online Payments:
- Sign-in to Self Service at selfservice.cazenovia.edu/Student
- Click on the Student Finances button
- Click on the Make a Payment link
- Follow the Self Service portal instructions for entering your payment information
HEOP and its activities are supported in whole or in part by the New York State Education Department.