Students who regularly attend the free tutoring sessions report better understanding of course material, and better understanding leads to better grades!
Forms of Tutoring and Assistance Offered
- Drop-in and Appointment Basis
- Professional Tutors for in-depth help with specific courses
- Peer Tutors who have successfully completed courses
- View additional information about our tutoring services.
Study Skills Assistance
- Test-Taking Strategies
- Combating Test Anxiety
- Note-Taking Skills
- Memory Techniques
- Reading Comprehension
- Research/Documentation Methods
Professional and Peer Tutors support learning through one-on-one and group contact. They have a broad-based knowledge of subject areas, and display a passion and enthusiasm for their subject areas. Peer Tutors have been successful in their courses of study and have been recommended by their professors.
Tutors are prepared to answer questions about course material. They will discuss and clarify assignments, lectures, textbook readings, quizzes, exams and any other study-related questions. They can help decide what information is most important to learn and develop strategies to help students remember this material.
Most students use tutoring to improve their understanding of course material that contributes to improved grades. Students use tutoring services for the following purposes:
- Clarify problems – Help with specific questions and general knowledge on a topic.
- Homework – Easy access to someone who can help when students get stuck on a problem or have a question.
- Study skills – Acquire skills that can be applied across the curriculum.
- Study groups – Provide guides for group work to get the most out of available time.