Students who regularly attend the free tutoring sessions report better understanding of course material, and better understanding leads to better grades!
Forms of Tutoring and Assistance Offered
- Drop-in and Appointment Basis*
- Professional Tutors for in-depth help with specific courses
- Peer Tutors who have successfully completed courses
- View additional information about our tutoring services.
Study Skills Assistance
- Test-Taking Strategies
- Combating Test Anxiety
- Note-Taking Skills
- Memory Techniques
- Reading Comprehension
- Research/Documentation Methods
*Due to high demand, the professional writing tutors typically require appointments.
Fall 2020 Tutoring Schedule
CTL Tutors are available for tutoring by virtual appointment.
- You need to email the Tutors below to make a one-on-one tutoring appointment. You will need to identify at least two times when you are available in response to the times listed below. The Tutor will invite you through Teams.
- Tutor & Available Days/Times by Appointment Only Through Microsoft Teams!
- Lisa Cochrane (email@example.com) – Writing/Academic Success Skills (8:00am – 11:00am Monday through Friday)
- Doreen Plony (firstname.lastname@example.org) – Writing/Academic Success Skills (12:00pm – 7:00pm Monday through Thursday)
- Jennifer Sweet (email@example.com) – Writing/Reading Skills (12:00pm – 7:00pm Monday through Thursday)
Contact times 6pm – 10pm Sunday through Thursday. Tutor may make different tutoring times to meet the tutee’s schedule.)
- Tri-Jeye Villaroel (firstname.lastname@example.org) – FA131/FA132 History of Architecture
- Caitlyn Secondo (email@example.com) – FA111/FA112 Art History (9:00pm – 11:00pm Tuesday and Thursday)
- Shauna DeLeonardo (firstname.lastname@example.org) – Interior Design Courses
- Jen Forward (email@example.com) – Statistics
- Hannah Kimball (firstname.lastname@example.org) – College Algebra (SM110/SM161)
- Amanda Drazek (email@example.com) – Accounting courses
- Shaymaa Ibrahim (firstname.lastname@example.org) – ID (3D Max) Reisman Hall
- Markell Zinkovitch (email@example.com) – Fashion Design
Meet the Professional Tutors
- Clarify problems – Help with specific questions and general knowledge on a topic.
- Homework – Easy access to someone who can help when students get stuck on a problem or have a question.
- Study skills – Acquire skills that can be applied across the curriculum.
- Study groups – Provide guides for group work to get the most out of available time.