At a Glance
- The program provides students with a solid foundation in biological, ecological and evolutionary principles that apply to all of biology.
- Students learn the breadth of biological fields and have opportunities for laboratory or field research experiences.
- Students graduate prepared for a suite of potential biological careers.
The Biology program leads to a Bachelor of Arts and provides students with a broad background in basic biological principles from the cellular and molecular levels through evolution and the functioning of ecosystems. As such, the biology curriculum provides the breadth of biological experience essential for a diversity of careers in the health fields, in basic biological research in the laboratory and field, in biology education, or in business and industry. The curriculum includes a set of core courses in science and hands-on learning opportunities.
- Small class sizes equal a more interesting and interactive education. Professors get to know you as an individual and understand your particular career interests. Every lecture and laboratory is taught by a full-time faculty member who has earned a doctorate degree and been published in their field of expertise.
- Students who meet membership criteria have the opportunity to join the college's chapter of Beta Beta Beta, a national biological honor society.
- Students have the opportunity to help organize and run the annual BioBlitz and Science Night events for local community.
- Students have the option to join the student-run Health Care Club or any of the many other clubs on campus. Visit the Student clubs and Organizations web page for more information.