At a Glance
- Program is taught by faculty who have direct experience in the execution of finance planning, monitoring, evaluation, analysis, and transaction matters.
- Students have the opportunity to receive practical experience through a wide variety internship opportunities.
- Courses offered increase student awareness of finance terms, models, systems and resources that will be most pertinent and useful in their finance careers.
The Finance program prepares students for business careers that are finance-oriented. This program offers students the flexibility of choosing to pursue a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Professional Studies degree in Finance. Additionally, students may choose to pursue our accelerated programs, allowing them to earn their degree in three years. All students who pursue a BS degree in Business or Finance or a BPS degree in Management and all specializations must take a competency exam usually administered in the fall semester of their senior year.
The Finance program Bachelor of Professional studies (B.P.S.) requires completion of a business research course, a senior capstone course, and five finance courses, including fundamentals of financial management, personal financial planning, and three finance course electives. It prepares students for business careers along with providing exposure to fundamental finance subject matters. Business careers such as: business manager, administrator, analyst, consultant, or planner. The program leads to a Bachelor of Professional Studies and is designed so students can gain a proficiency in both management and finance fundamentals.
- The degree offers students the opportunity to procure employment in either business or finance. An internship is required. Students are also prepared to pursue a master of business administration degree or enroll in additional education in order to pursue certification in management or finance.
- BS and BPS accelerated programs allow students to earn their degree in three years.
I just want to thank you for teaching me so much throughout the semester that I will definitely use going forward."
-Cazenovia Finance Student, Spring 2020
The new lab features the same industry-utilized data technology, business-day amenities, and working environment students are likely to experience in finance and accounting careers.
- Program Director, Finance
- Visiting Instructor, Finance and Economics