At a Glance
- Program is taught by faculty who have direct experience in the execution of finance planning, monitoring, evaluation, analysis, and transaction matters.
- Students have the opportunity to receive practical experience through a wide variety internship opportunities.
- Courses offered increase student awareness of finance terms, models, systems and resources that will be most pertinent and useful in their finance careers.
The Finance program prepares students for business careers that are finance-oriented. This program offers students the flexibility of choosing to pursue a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Professional Studies degree in Finance. Additionally, students may choose to pursue our accelerated programs, allowing them to earn their degree in three years. All students who pursue a BS degree in Business or Finance or a BPS degree in Management and all specializations must take a competency exam usually administered in the fall semester of their senior year.
The Finance program Bachelor of Science degree requires the completion of twelve finance courses, including fundamentals of financial management, investment analysis and portfolio management, personal financial planning, entrepreneurial finance, real estate investments, finance ethics, finance internship, finance research methods, finance capstone, and three finance course electives. It prepares students for business careers that are finance-oriented, such as: financial analyst, treasurer, controller, budget director, financial consultant, financial planner, or broker. The program leads to a Bachelor of Science and is designed so students can gain a proficiency in finance.
- The degree offers students the opportunity to procure employment in either business or finance. An internship is required. Students are also prepared to pursue a master of business administration degree or enroll in additional education in order to pursue certification in management or finance.
- BS and BPS accelerated programs allow students to earn their degree in three years.
I just wanted to thank you so much for a really interesting class. I feel like I have learned a lot about real estate and what to think about when investing in it. I think the classes have been really interesting and I thought it was really fun to go to class to learn more and also to hear your own perspectives on real estate.
-Cazenovia Student, Spring 2020
The new lab features the same industry-utilized data technology, business-day amenities, and working environment students are likely to experience in finance and accounting careers.
- Program Director, Finance
- Visiting Instructor, Finance and Economics