At a Glance
- Students earn two majors in four years.
- All elements of the History and Social Science majors included in this program—including the opportunity for an internship.
- The program provides excellent preparation for graduate school and professional school (eg: Secondary Social Studies Teaching; Law School)
The dual major in History and Social Science is designed to provide students with all the opportunities and rigors of both majors while still graduating in four years. All the courses are drawn from the regular curriculum in history, economics, and political science providing a major that will prepare students for a wide range of careers or advanced study. The program is designed so that students can minor in areas of their choosing and select electives that will help prepare them for their future endeavors including graduate school in social science, history, law, or teaching.
- Program Director, History
- Co-Program Director, Dual Major in History and Social Science
- Paul J. Schupf Professor of History and Humanities
- College Archivist
- Director, Washburn Junior Research and Teaching Fellowship Programs
- Director, Wheler Conference on World Affairs
- Advisor, Alpha Chi Honor Society