At a Glance
- Part-time program with convenient evening and online courses
- Average time of degree completion is three years
- Affordable tuition of $290 per credit hour (2020-21 Tuition Rate)
- Credit available for life and work experiences
- CASAC training and education hours available
Earn your Cazenovia College bachelor's degree in Human Services on the campus of Hudson Valley Community College. Expanding your education from an associate degree to a bachelor's degree can lead to a career in the growing field of human services
Bachelor of Science
The Generalist concentration provides an overview of human services with the opportunity to learn in all three concentrations (Alcohol and Substance Abuse; Children and Youth; and Counseling/Mental Health). The curriculum addresses issues related to mental health practice, the social services system and the criminal justice system. A combination of courses within the Human Services curriculum will provide the student with a base knowledge about the systems and services.
Student Learning Goals
- Provide students with an understanding of the human services system
- Develop basic counseling skills
- Develop an understanding of counseling theory and counseling approaches
- Prepare students for professional human services environments
All Human Services students enrolled in this program are required to complete one course, HS-475 Program Planning and Evaluation, on the Cazenovia College campus. This course will be offered over two weekends each summer. Housing and meal plans are available for nominal costs.
Students who have an associate degree in Human Services are eligible. Students who have not earned an associate degree in Human Services may be eligible for this program but will need to take additional coursework.
Advisors are available to discuss degree paths and course options with you. Contact the Center for Adult and Continuing Education today to start the application process!