At a Glance
- Accredited by National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD)
- Students receive hands-on, in-depth studio training in digital and film photography and video.
- Students gain valuable experience through internships, connecting with professionals in the field, and mounting and exhibiting in the gallery in Reisman Hall.
- State of the art facilities include lighting studios, darkrooms and fully equipped digital labs.
The Photography program produces artists who are technical masters, creative problem-solvers and professionally prepared for careers in photography.
If you are looking for a major that will prepare you for professional success in a creative field, the NASAD accredited Photography program at Cazenovia College is the place for you.
Through a studio-based curriculum enhanced by studies in the liberal arts, BFA students explore all forms of lens-based media including digital and film photography, photoshop manipulation, alternative processes, studio lighting, video editing and large format photography.
An Interdisciplinary approach enables students to develop their photographic skills supported by a knowledge of art history, visual culture and design. Dedicated, professional faculty mentor students through a highly individualized education tailored to each student’s artistic and academic goals, preparing them for careers in fine art or commercial photography or to pursue graduate work in the arts.
Cazenovia College is accredited by the prestigious National Association of Schools of Art and Design. Meeting NASAD standards confirms that Cazenovia’s curricula, faculty, facilities and student work are among the best in the U.S.
- Program Director, Photography
- Associate Professor of Photography