At a Glance
- Curriculum offers a great deal of flexibility allowing for students to explore their interests.
- Students can have multiple areas of focus including studying abroad.
- The internship program provides students with real world experience.
The Social Science programs (Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science) give students a strong liberal arts education and foster skills that will prove valuable in other areas of advanced study and/or in the work force. The majors permit students to complete a rigorous and diverse curriculum in the allied disciplines of history, economics, sociology, and political science. Students are given the opportunity to include a more global aspect to their studies, including anthropological and regional courses that focus on Africa, Asia, and Latin America.
The programs are designed so that students are able to minor in areas of their choosing or select electives that help to prepare them for graduate school in the social sciences, law, or teaching. Students interested in law or teaching would work closely with the Program Director in choosing the proper electives or minor to prepare them for advanced study.
- Program Director, History and Social Sciences
- Program Director, International Studies
- Program Director, Dual Major in History and Social Science