At a Glance
- Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD).
- Students create in our state-of-the art facilities including wood, ceramics, glass, metal shops and painting, drawing, printmaking studios with art professional faculty.
- Students gain solid foundational skills, explore a range of media, and develop mastery in the discipline of their choice.
- Through a solid sequence of professional preparation courses, students explore diverse career paths, developing the necessary skills to find employment in a range of fields.
- Field trips to New York City and other cultural centers, as well as longer international study programs to England, Japan, Spain, Germany, Denmark, and more, provide students with a global understanding of art and culture.
The BFA in Studio Art produces artists and art professionals who are technically astute, create problem-solvers, and who are professionally prepared for careers in the arts. If you are looking for a major that will prepare you for professional success in a creative field, the NASAD accredited Studio Art program at Cazenovia College is the place for you!
Through a studio-based curriculum enhanced by a foundation in liberal arts, students in the BFA Studio Art program have opportunities to explore a wide range of 2-dimensional media including drawing, painting, photography, and printmaking; 3-dimensional media including glass, ceramics, wood, and metal; and time-based media including video and performance art. Students choose to develop mastery in either the two-dimensional track or the three-dimensional track.
Courses enable students to inform their art practice with a knowledge of art history and contemporary visual culture. Throughout the curriculum professional practices, including required internships, are emphasized.
Dedicated professional faculty mentor students through a highly individualized education tailored to each student’s artistic and academic goals, preparing them for graduate school and/or a wide range of art-based careers.
Graduates of the Studio Art program leave well prepared for the competitive market, equipped with artistic skill in a range of media and driven by a strong work ethic and intellectual curiosity. The Studio Art program produces artists and art professionals who are technically astute, creative problem-solvers, and who are professionally prepared for careers in the arts. Our graduates work as art therapists, art teachers, museum curators and administrators, gallery managers and owners, college professors, artisans, art business owners, professional fine artists, and ceramists, among other careers.
Cazenovia College is accredited by the prestigious National Association of Schools of Art and Design. Meeting NASAD standards confirms that Cazenovia’s curricula, faculty, facilities and student work are among the best in the U.S.