At a Glance
- Accredited by National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD)
- Our faculty are all practitioners in the fields they teach, bringing real-world insight and knowledge to the classroom.
- Students experience small classes, receive personal academic guidance from a faculty advisor in their field, and engage in an intensive series of portfolio and senior capstone courses that allow students to tailor their studies to their individual career goals.
- Students follow a rigorous creative process and current “best practices” to prepare them for the visual problem-solving of a professional career. Students develop multi-format portfolio during their senior year that are well-received by creative directors and hiring supervisors.
State-of-the-art facilities include several large labs running the latest version of Adobe Creative Suite and other animation and design programs, onsite tech support, and a range of printers and other finishing tools and equipment.
As technology develops and its potential applications in the workplace increase, the need for Visual Communications graduates continues to grow. The Visual Communications program has a proven record of producing graduates ready to meet this ever-evolving demand.
If you are looking for a major that will prepare you for professional success in a creative field, the NASAD-accredited Visual Communications program at Cazenovia College is the place for you. The program leads to a Bachelor of Fine Arts and offers concentrations in Graphic Design, Illustration, Animation, and Interactive Design. Student may wish to pursue more than one concentration within the program.
The Graphic Design concentration provides the fullest range of the four concentrations, with a particular focus on print media. Print media can include brochures, corporate identity systems, packaging, environmental graphics, book design, magazine design, newspaper design, etc. The curriculum specializes in the design and production of varied print media, but it also offers courses in web design and illustration, which are skill sets that a designer would be asked to collaborate with, contract for hire, or conduct themselves. Instruction is geared toward preparing students for future employment in a corporate art department, ad agency print creative department or design and printing businesses.
Cazenovia College is accredited by the prestigious National Association of Schools of Art and Design. Meeting NASAD standards confirms that Cazenovia’s curricula, faculty, facilities and student work are among the best in the U.S.
- Program Director, Visual Communications
- Professor of Visual Communications
- Associate Dean for Assessment of Student Learning