At a Glance
- Accredited by National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD)
- Our faculty are all practitioners in the fields they teach, bringing real-world insight and knowledge to the classroom.
- Students experience small classes, receive personal academic guidance from a faculty advisor in their field, and engage in an intensive series of portfolio and senior capstone courses that allow students to tailor their studies to their individual career goals.
- Students follow a rigorous creative process and current “best practices” to prepare them for the visual problem-solving of a professional career. Students develop multi-format portfolio during their senior year that are well-received by creative directors and hiring supervisors.
State-of-the-art facilities include several large labs running the latest version of Adobe Creative Suite and other animation and design programs, onsite tech support, and a range of printers and other finishing tools and equipment.
As technology develops and its potential applications in the workplace increase, the need for Visual Communications graduates continues to grow. The Visual Communications program has a proven record of producing graduates ready to meet this ever-evolving demand.
If you are looking for a major that will prepare you for professional success in a creative field, the NASAD-accredited Visual Communications program at Cazenovia College is the place for you. The program leads to a Bachelor of Fine Arts and offers concentrations in Graphic Design, Illustration, Animation, and Interactive Design. Students may wish to pursue more than one concentration within the program.
The Interactive Design concentration provides students with broad and personalized instruction on the technical skills, design strategies, and professional practices they need to solve client-based visual communications problems. Particular emphasis will be on the skills and knowledge needed to create interactive design systems for responsive web sites, mobile devices, and social media. This BFA curriculum helps students develop the necessary skills to produce digital media for new technologies – including the internet, kiosks, point-of-purchase displays, interactive maps, tablets, broadcast TV and film graphics, and mobile devices.
Graduates are prepared for employment in creative careers as corporate in-house, freelance, or agency interactive designers or to pursue advanced degrees in a range of similar disciplines.
Cazenovia College is accredited by the prestigious National Association of Schools of Art and Design. Meeting NASAD standards confirms that Cazenovia’s curricula, faculty, facilities and student work are among the best in the U.S.
Ryan De Tomi
- Program Director, Visual Communications
- Professor of Visual Communications
- Associate Dean for Assessment of Student Learning