Cazenovia College's First Year Summer College JumpStart, a five-week hybrid program, allows incoming first year students to get an early start on their transition from high school to college. Summer College at Caz provides students with an ideal opportunity to:
- earn 5 college credits on campus: Special Topic: PS1019A2 Psychology of Well-Being (3 credits); SB109 Current State of the World (1 credit); and SB104 College Success (1 credit)
- classes are online for the first three weeks and on campus for the last two weeks (subject to NY State public health officials)
- become familiar with all the campus has to offer before the start of the fall term
- get to know fellow students and Caz professors
- improve academic success skills
- Academic Coaching online and on campus
- Personal Coaching online and on campus
- 2020 JumpStart Program Schedule
Monday, July 13
Online Orientation for classes (Time TBA)
Friday, July 31
Online instruction ends and moves to instruction on campus
Sunday, August 2
Students check-in residence hall and orientation to campus COVID protocol
Monday, August 3
9:30 a.m. | Classes begin instruction on campus
Friday, August 14
11:30 a.m. | Classes end instruction on campus
- JumpStart Program FAQ
1. Who may participate?
Any incoming first year student may attend the First Year Summer College Program. The following are some reasons for attending: Some students who attend this program seek to complete some academic course work before the start of the fall semester. Students who attend this program experience a structured living and learning environment that helps prepare them for the first year transition from high school to college. Returning students interested in participating should contact Jesse Lott.
2. What is the cost?
The 2020 cost for tuition, room, and board is $950. Students enroll in five credits.
3. What are the dates?
For 2020, students begin online instruction on Monday, July 13. Instruction moves to campus on Monday, August 3 and ends on Friday, August 14.
4. What courses are offered?
The courses offered for the 2020 program are Special Topic: PS109A2 Psychology of Well-Being (3 credits); SB109 Current State of the World (1 credit); and SB104 College Success (1 credit).
5. How do I enroll?
Contact the Admissions Office at 1-800-654-3210 or firstname.lastname@example.org; or
Jesse Lott, Director of the Center for Teaching and Learning, by emailing email@example.com.
- JumpStart Program Contact Info
For more information about Summer College or to enroll, contact the Admissions Office by phone at 1-800-654-3210 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact Jesse Lott, Dean of the First Year Program, by email at email@example.com.