Cazenovia College's First Year Summer College JumpStart, a five-week hybrid program, allows incoming first year students to get an early start on their transition from high school to college. Summer College at Caz provides students with an ideal opportunity to:
- earn 8 credits on campus: Special Topic: PS1019A2 Psychology of Well-Being (3 credits); CM12 Effective Speaking (3 credits); SB109 Current State of the World (1 credit); and SB104 College Success (1 credit)
- classes are face-to-face on campus (subject to NY State public health officials)
- become familiar with all the campus has to offer before the start of the fall term
- get to know fellow students and Caz professors
- improve academic success skills
- Academic Coaching (Professional and Peer Tutors/Mentors)
- 2021 JumpStart Program Schedule
- Monday, July 5
Students arrive on campus and check in to residence hall and orientation COVID protocol
Tuesday, July 6
8:00 a.m. | Classes start (Monday through Thursday)
Thursday, August 5
11:30 a.m. | Classes end instruction on campus
JumpStart Program FAQ
- 1. Who may participate?
Any incoming first year student may attend the First Year Summer College Program. The following are some reasons for attending: Some students who attend this program seek to complete some academic course work before the start of the fall semester. Students who attend this program experience a structured living and learning environment that helps prepare them for the first year transition from high school to college. Returning students interested in participating should contact Jesse Lott.
2. What is the cost?
The 2021 cost for tuition, room, and board is $1,500. Students enroll in eight credits.
3. What are the dates?
For 2021, students begin instruction on Tuesday, July 6 and end on Thursday, August 5.
4. What courses are offered?
The courses offered for the 2021 program are Special Topic: PS109A2 Psychology of Well-Being (3 credits); CM121 Effective Speaking; SB109 Current State of the World (1 credit); and SB104 College Success (1 credit).
5. How do I enroll?
Contact the Admissions Office at 1-800-654-3210 or email@example.com; or
Jesse Lott, Director of the Center for Teaching and Learning, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- JumpStart Program Contact Info
- For more information about Summer College or to enroll, contact the Admissions Office by phone at 1-800-654-3210 or by email at email@example.com. You may also contact Jesse Lott, Dean of the First Year Program, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.