Cazenovia College’s First Year Summer College JumpStart program is a five-week program designed for incoming first year students to get an early start on their transition from high school to college. The program aims to make students familiar with the campus and professors before the start of the fall term. Additionally, students will improve academic success skills. Participants can earn 8 credits on campus. The program includes academic instruction, room and board, and support services.
JumpStart Program FAQs
- 1. Who may participate?
Any incoming first year student may attend the First Year Summer College Program. The following are some reasons for attending: Some students who attend this program seek to complete some academic course work before the start of the fall semester. Students who attend this program experience a structured living and learning environment that helps prepare them for the first year transition from high school to college. Returning students interested in participating should contact Jesse Lott.
2. What is the cost?
The cost for tuition, room, and board is $1,500.
3. What courses are offered?
Special Topic: PS1019A2 Psychology of Well-Being (3 credits); CM12 Effective Speaking (3 credits); SB109 Current State of the World (1 credit); and SB104 College Success (1 credit)
4. How do I enroll?
Contact the Admissions Office at 1-800-654-3210 or email@example.com; or
Jesse Lott, Director of the Center for Teaching and Learning, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
2022 JumpStart Program Schedule
- Tuesday, July 5
Students arrive on campus, check into the residence hall and have orientation.
Wednesday, July 6
8:00 a.m. | Classes start (Monday through Thursday)
Friday, August 5
11:30 a.m. | Classes end
2022 JumpStart Scholarship
- Ten (10) scholarships each in the amount of $1,500 will be awarded to students who meet the eligibility requirements listed below.
- Student must be a NYS Resident to be eligible.
- Students must have submitted a deposit to Cazenovia College to begin classes in the Fall 2022 semester.
- Student must be a first-generation college student, meaning their parent/legal guardian did not earn a 4-year college degree.
- Student must submit an application to the TRIO Student Support Services program at Cazenovia College.
May 30, 2022
- Submit application to:
13 Seminary Street
Cazenovia, NY 13035
Attention: JumpStart Office, Jesse Lott
- JumpStart Program Contact Info
- For more information about Summer College or to enroll, contact the Admissions Office by phone at 1-800-654-3210 or by email at email@example.com. You may also contact Jesse Lott, Dean of the First Year Program, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.