August 7, 2020
Hello Cazenovia Commuters!
Please check out this video and the email information below to prepare for your check in process as part of our Commuter Student Check In. Please know that all students – whether commuter or residential – are expected to complete the advance preparation and then the steps for review in the check in process. You will be provided with proof from the Student Affairs staff member to validate your check in, and will be expected to show this proof upon entry in to your first class in the fall semester.
Some foundational items to know about our process this year:
- The process is completely different than our past years. So please review carefully how we have structured this year's process.
- The process is designed to maximize safety for our students and our employees. Please follow directions carefully so we can maintain all appropriate protocols as we all move through this new experience!
- The process will move quickly and smoothly IF you have completed all that is needed for your health and safety documentation and records. This includes:
- COVID test with negative result, Determination of Gallagher Student Health Insurance acceptance of OPT OUT, completion of Emergency and COVID Directive Form.
Directions and information regarding all forms can be found at the Helpful Information for Students page on the College's website at the link here: www.cazenovia.edu/return-to-campus/helpful-information Please check the "Documents Library" for additional guidance on all of the above items.
Commuter Check In Dates and Times.
The following dates and times have been identified for Commuter students to plan for their check in:
August 14 to 17: Students may drive in to the Athletics parking lots and complete their check in between the hours of:
- 10 to 11 am
- 2 to 3 pm
- 5 to 6 pm
August 18 and 19: Students should come to the Park Hall Lot and complete their check in between the hours of:
- 10 am to 3 pm both days
At Commuter Check In, you will be checked as follows:
- Health Screening – temperatures will be checked and routine screening questions asked of you.
- Documentation Check – We will have tracked all documentation received from you and this will be checked with you to determine if you can be permitted in to class
- Caz Pledge– All students and employees will be expected to sign the Caz Strong Pledge committing to behaviors that support campus health and safety. Once completed, you will be provided with documentation to prove your completed check in which you will need to present to professors upon entering your first class.
Again, please note there are items you must complete in advance of your check in process, and that you must complete a check in prior to your first class.
Thank you in advance for you anticipated support of the health and safety for our entire community,