April 14, 2021
The Health Center received the results from the reflex testing of three positive pooled saliva tests from Monday. The results identified four students as being positive for COVID-19. The students were previously in quarantine are now in isolation. Six students determined to have had close contact with the individuals are now quarantining.
The Health Center also received the results from Tuesday’s testing of student-athletes and coaches. All of those pools were negative.
Precautions will continue this evening with regular operations resuming on Thursday, April 15, 2021 as follows:
- Eat-in dining will resume with breakfast.
- Residential lounges will re-open at 10 pm.
- Student club and organization activities that have been planned according to Event Guidelines and registered through Clubs @myCaz may resume beginning at 6:00 pm.
- All guest and visitor protocols remain in place and enforced.
Today’s results do affirm an uptick in positive cases in our community and underscore the importance for everyone on campus to continue to strictly follow all health and safety protocols.
- Wear masks properly and ALL the time – inside and outside.
- Wash your hands frequently and clean your belongings regularly.
- Watch your distance and remain at least 6 feet from others.
If you have symptoms of COVID-19, you should contact our Health Center or your healthcare provider immediately. Please call the Health Center at (315) 655-7122 or after hours through Campus Safety at (315) 655-7555 while remaining in your residence.