October 7, 2020
Dear Campus Community,
As was noted last night, the College was informed late yesterday that a residential student tested positive for COVID-19. To reiterate, the student was tested at an off-campus healthcare facility and did not return to campus. The student is isolating and recovering at home.
The following are updates after county health department and contact tracing:
- All contact tracing has been completed. Any contacts meeting the threshold for further monitoring or quarantine have been made aware.
- One additional residential student was identified for quarantine and has been moved to designated housing on campus where they will remain for 14 days.
- Additional notifications to any individuals asked to monitor for symptoms are being sent to affected students this evening.
- Appropriate facility closing, cleaning, and disinfecting protocols have been completed for all impacted areas including bathrooms and classrooms.
In light of these outcomes with regard to isolation and containment, all regular delivery of classes and dining services will resume beginning this evening.
If you still have questions regarding your contact or interactions here on campus, please call Deb Frank, Director of the Health Center at (315) 655-7122.
Please also remember how important it is to fully comply with all health protocols:
- Wear your masks properly – everywhere!
- Wash and sanitize your hands often.
- Maintain appropriate physical distance of at least 6 feet.
- Monitor yourself for any symptoms and contact your healthcare provider or the campus Health Center at (315) 655-7122 if you have any concerns.
These protocols have been noted in this recent tracing process for their effectiveness in minimizing risk and mitigating spread. We need to remain committed to our own and one another’s safety.
The College has also established a Campus Notifications page, linked from our Return to Campus Information website. With this, please note that all future notifications of COVID cases—in addition to communications of campus response and follow up—will be provided as follows:
- On-campus email to all students, faculty, staff, and administration.
- Posts to the College’s Campus Notifications page, which is available via a link from the Return to Campus Information website.
We suggest you bookmark the link to ensure you keep up to date with any COVID-related campus communications.
Finally, our thanks to the community for your collective patience and continued attention to the health and safety of our campus. Together we remain Caz Strong! Please stay well.