November 6, 2020
Important to review for winter break departure for all on campus residents:
The information below outlines the process for our campus departure at the conclusion of our fall semester. Departure is scheduled to take place from November 20 through November 25, 2020. Due to health and safety protocols that must remain in effect as the result of COVID-19, please review this message carefully.
As has been the case with all circumstances and processes since March 2020, this departure will require a collective level of community awareness and compliance. All residential students will also receive a specific Closing and Break preparation memo from the Office of Residence Life on November 8, 2020. This memo will include specifics about what to pack and for preparing your room for the winter break. You will not be required to pack your entire room for the winter break.
Signing Up for a Departure Time:
From November 5 to November 18, 2020, students will have the opportunity to sign up for a departure time for fall semester 2020.
The links to sign up for a departure time were provided specifically for each residential area (floor or unit) via students’ campus email. If a residential student has not received a message titled “[Their Residence Name] Winter Break Departure – Process and Appointment Information” which includes their departure links, they should contact Elaine Koch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Departures are set to begin on November 20, 2020 at 8 am and will continue through November 25, 2020 at pm. If students are planning on departing before November 20, 2020, they should please contact their Resident Advisor so they can work with the Residence Life professional staff in the area to arrange the appointment.
Protocols for Residential Move Out:
The following protocols will be or remain in effect during the departure process for winter break:
- All students are to select and sign up for one of an ample number of sign up times. This is required whether students will be driving themselves, departing by bus, plane, or train, or having someone pick them up, and is required for the following reasons:
- To maintain appropriate density in residential common areas and halls per gathering limitations in NYS.
- To be able to track individuals present on and departed from campus if necessary for Health Department tracing.
- To ensure we can provide appropriate parking near residential exits to assist with packing.
Students who fail to sign up for a time by November 18, 2020 will be assigned a move out time by the Office of Residence Life and notified by campus mail.
- Students will have one-hour appointment slots to depart for winter break. Because students can sign up for their departure appointment as early as November 4, 2020, they can plan and gather what will be needed for their winter break between then and their departure date of November 20-25, 2020. This should provide plenty of time for packing so that the one-hour appointment slot should be sufficient for departing campus.
- No guests will be permitted in residences to assist with packing and removal of student belongings for winter break. To be able to accommodate a larger number of students departing during a very concentrated schedule, family or friends picking up students will be permitted to park at an exit closest to the residence at a student’s scheduled appointment time, remain in their vehicle, and can help once a student has exited the residence. Guests are not able to enter residences to assist. We understand that there may be exceptions necessary (individuals packing completely as December graduates, specific health conditions, leaving for spring internships, etc), and have attached a Request for Visitor Exception Form for student review and completion if circumstances warrant a request. Please note requests are due by November 12, 2020 and those granted an exception will be scheduled for appointments to depart beginning late afternoon November 24, 2020 and through November 25, 2020 to minimize density in residences and maximize the opportunity for the allowance of a guest to assist.
- Masks and distancing are to be maintained on campus property – inside or outside - during move out.
We thank all members of the Cazenovia College community for their continued attention to and cooperation with the instructions and protocols necessary to support a healthy and safe community. If there are questions regarding this specific message or about other aspects regarding the conclusion of fall semester, please email email@example.com so that individuals from the campus can help to clarify.