M.S., Reading Specialist/Consultant, SUNY-Potsdam
B.A., Speech and Reading, SUNY-Potsdam
Professor Ferguson has taught at Cazenovia College since 1982 and currently serves as the Director of the Developmental Writing and Reading Program. She has also co-directed the College’s Writing Program and has taught many of the English courses offered in the curriculum including, Academic Writing I & II, Advanced Expository Writing, Effective Speaking, Approaches to Literature, Studies in Children’s Literature, and Freshman Year Experience. Professor Ferguson is active in the National Association for Developmental Education, Accreditation Program Evaluation, College English and Writing organizations.
- McGraw-Hill English Program Scholarship for Professional Development 2013
- New York Collegew Learning Skills Association Professional Development Scholarship 2013
- Cazenovia College Distinguished Faculty Achievement Award May 2001
- New York College Learning Skills Outstanding Service to Students Award March 2000
- Kappa Delta Pi Honor Society, Department of Education Outstanding Graduate Student May 1982
- Excellence in Student Teaching Award, May 1981.
- Professor Ferguson is the co-author of the NADE Self-Evaluation Guides, 2nd ed. has made over one hundred presentations at national, state, and regional conferences and symposiums in the fields of Developmental Education, Learning Assistance, English and Composition/Writing.
- She has published invited articles in two Developmental Education journals and submits reviews of research articles frequently in a Developmental Education newsletter.
- Professor Ferguson has been very active in several professional organizations including the National Association of Developmental Education, NADE, where she currently serves as the Training Coordinator of the NADE Accreditation Commission and has served two terms as English Special Interest Group Chair.
- For over thirty years, she has participated actively in the New York College Learning Skills Association, NYCLSA, where she served several terms each as Research Committee Chair and Proposal Review Committee Chair.
- As a member of the National Council of Teachers of English and the Council on College Composition and Communication, she served as a local liaison for several years, and has made conference presentations at the national, state, and regional meetings.