M.B.A., Management, State University of New York at Oswego
M.A., Textile Design & Fashion Design, Syracuse University
B.A., Fashion Design & Fashion Merchandising, Dominican University
Megan Lawson Clark is an Associate Professor in the Fashion Studies Programs, which includes both Fashion Design and Fashion Merchandising. She is the annual Fashion Show Director; this is a juried student show which involves many of the fashion studies students. She holds a Master of Business Administration in management from the State University of New York at Oswego. She completed her Master of Arts at Syracuse University in Fashion and Textile Design. In her final thesis work she researched the history of the wedding trousseau and completed six wedding ensembles with accessories. She earned a Bachelor of Arts in Fashion Merchandising and Design from Dominican University in Illinois. Prior her career in academia, Megan worked in many facets of retail management including visual merchandising management, showroom sales, and store management. She began a small business in 2003, specializing in the design and creation of hand painted silk scarves and floor cloths. She has always been intrigued by fabrics and current fashions. Currently she is interested in computer aided textile design as a medium for creating pieces. Courses that Megan teaches include: business and design internships, fashion promotion, fashion show production and management, advanced design and pattern making, senior collection, & computer aided design.
- August 2013: Art & Design Faculty Show, Art Gallery Cazenovia College
- July 2011: Presentation at Munson-Williams-Proctor Arts Institute Book Group on Fashion History.
- March 2011: 'Fashionable Points of View’ Syracuse University.
- Assistant Professor Divisions of Art & Design and Business, Fashion Show Director
- Full time Visiting Instructor Fashion Department, Cazenovia College
- Part-time Instructor, Syracuse University
- Associate Lecturer, Cazenovia College Fashion Department
- Owner, Lawson Clark Designs,
- Youth Theater Costume Designer, Merry-Go-Round Playhouse
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, Syracuse University
- Visual Manager, The Bon-Ton Stores
- Store Manager, Shoe Show Companies
- Store Manager Trainee, Peebles Department Stores
- Designer’s Assistant, Carmine Cerasi Designs
- Assistant to Showroom Manager, Byer California Showroom, Chicago Merchandise Mart
- ITAA: International Textile and Apparel Association member