Ph.D., Clinical Psychology, Ohio University
B.S., SUNY College at Buffalo
My training is in the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of psychological disorders. My most recent academic interests have been in the intersection of Psychology and the Legal System, Forensic Psychology. I am a licensed Clinical Psychologist in New York State. My clinical work has centered on doing clinical and forensic diagnoses among underserved populations, including refugees and adjudicated youth. I have provided forensic psychological assessments, and served as an expert witness, in several civil trials. I currently provide psychological evaluations and treatment for adult and geriatric residents in short-term acute rehabilitation and skilled nursing facilities, and psychological assessment for at risk youth in the foster care system. My research interests include the proposed differences among overt and covert narcissism subtypes, personality disorders and diagnoses, as well as psychotherapy effectiveness.
- Cazenovia College Class of 2004 Honorary Class Member
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude, SUNY College at Buffalo
- Outstanding Senior in Psychology at SUNY College at Buffalo, 1996
- Holdren, M. E., & Garske, J. P. (2003 August). Attributions among overt and covert narcissism subtypes. Poster presented at the 111th Annual Convention of the APA.
- Holdren, M. E. (2003 August). Symptom presentation differences among overt and covert narcissism subtypes. Poster presented at the 111th Annual Convention of the APA.
- Holdren, M.E., Myrow, D., Alessi, S., Manzella, M., & Karuza, J. (1996, August). Therapy effectiveness and patient satisfaction measurement in private practice network. Paper presented at the 104th Annual Convention of the American Psychological Association, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- Caswell, C., Holdren, M.E, & Dinero, R.E. (2012). Fostering factors: Identifying and implementing effective elements of positive youth development. Poster presented at 83rd Annual Convention of the Eastern Psychological Association, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Saltis, M. & Holdren, M.E. (2012). Jurors’ experience with and perceptions of mental illness in hypothetical trials. Poster presented at 83rd Annual Convention of the Eastern Psychological Association, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Holdren, M.E., & O’Donnell, M. (2009, March). Effect of overt and covert narcissism and memories on affect. Poster presented at 80th Annual Convention of the Eastern Psychological Association, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Psi Chi - the National Psychology Honor Society
- Eastern Psychological Association
- NY State Psychologist Association