M.F.A., Advertising Design, Syracuse University
B.A., Mass Communications: Advertising Design/Photography, Lycoming College
Professor Jensen received a BA degree in Mass Communications: Advertising Design/Photography from Lycoming College and an MFA in Advertising Design from Syracuse University. He joined the faculty full-time in 2008. He was previously associated with the visual communications program as a professional contact and adjunct instructor. He continues to work professionally as both a marketing communications designer and illustrator, and currently serves as Chairman of the Upstate NY Chapter of the National Cartoonists Society. He lives in Delaware County, where he raises chickens on the family farm.
- A logo designed by Professor Jensen was selected to receive an American Graphic Design Award in September 2012. This national design competition is presented by Graphic Design USA magazine.
- In 2011, 2013 and 2014, Professor Jensen frequently serves as a judge in the National Cartoonist Society's annual awards competition, in numerous categories. His work has appeared in "Walt Disney's Hometown Cartoon Exhibition" in Marceline, Missouri in 2015, 2016 and 2017. His work is also part of a multi-artist cartoon installation at the Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio.
- The Jensen line of humorous greeting cards has been published by Oatmeal Studios since 1986.
- Jensen's cartoon strip, "Digby's Hardware," appears regularly in The Hardware Connection magazine.
- Professor Jensen has over 30 years of experience as a graphic designer, illustrator and advertising agency art director, and has worked with national and international clients.
- His blog on brand logos can be found at logowatch.wordpress.com.
- Chapter Chairman, National Cartoonists Society
- Member of AIGA
- University & College Designer's Association (UCDA)
- Graphic Communications Education Association (GCEA)
- Oneonta Mac Users Group (MugOne)