- B.A., English and Art History, Carleton College
- M.A., English, University of Chicago
- Ph.D., English, University of Michigan
Warren Olin-Ammentorp joined the faculty at Cazenovia College in 1990. His academic interests focus on the study of narrative structures in contemporary genre fiction -- particularly the comparison of narrative structures between different genres and across different media (novels, short fiction, television, comics, and various forms of interactive stories). His courses on science fiction, modern mythologies, and contemporary graphic narratives all stem from these interests. He also studies and teaches contemporary critical and literary theory, as well as the history of western and non-western art.
Aside from teaching duties, Dr. Olin-Ammentorp has been involved with many service responsibilities at the College and in the larger community. In particular, he has been involved in strategic planning, assessment, and accreditation in higher education for over a decade. In 2001 he was asked to co-chair the College's decennial self-study for the Middle States Commission on Higher Education -- the body which accredits institutions of higher education in the states of Delaware, the District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, as well as Puerto Rico and other locations overseas. Following that project, he began serving as a member on Middle States Evaluation Teams, and has currently visited ten institutions in this role. In 2012 Dr. Olin-Ammentorp was elected as a member of the Commission itself, and served two terms on the Commission. Middle States Commissioners are responsible for making decisions on the accreditation of institutions and for formulating Commission policies. During that time he has also chaired three small team follow-up visits to institutions during their reaccreditation process.
In 2014 Dr. Olin-Ammentorp agreed to serve as the Associate Dean for Assessment at College; he served in that role until 2016.
- Commissioner, Middle States Commission on Higher Education (2012-2017)
- - Small Team Chair: Mercyhurst University (2015); Unification Theological Seminary (2016); Richmond, the American University in London (2017).
- - Evaluation Team Member, Middle States Commission on Higher Education: Mount Aloysius College (2015); Keystone College (2013); Lebanon Valley College (2012); Nyack College (2010); Wilson College (2009); Manor College (2008); Bryant and Stratton College (2007); Strayer University (2006); Goldey-Beacom College (2006); Mount St. Mary's University (2005)
- Strategic Planning Facilitator,Aurora of Central New York (2005)
- Strategic Planning Facilitator, Enable of Central New York (2004)