Building your GRIT at Caz!
The Getting Real In Transition (GRIT) project at Cazenovia is an opportunity for interested students transitioning to the College to engage and embed themselves more easily into their own REAL LIFE @ Caz. The GRIT project is open to all entering students, is free, and requires only your registration when you arrive on campus, accompanied by a pledge to commit to the activities that have been specially selected for the program.
Studies repeatedly prove that students who focus on building a meaningful campus life specific to their values, goals, and development are the most likely to complete college, find work, and become active members in their community.
A myCaz student login is required to register.
How it works:
Orientation and Opening Day Tables and ambassadors
staff information tables, registrations, and participation
pledges. Students asked to provide their preferred email
or text information.
September 25, 2020
Kick Off Celebration with Coaching Check-Ins Reveal
Your Twice Monthly Check-In Sessions Begin Pre-scheduled
and announced on 9/25/2020, held with special campus
leaders and guests, meetings over dinner on campus
(arrangements will be made for commuter access at
In addition to Check-Ins, the following outreach will occur each month:
First Mondays, participants will receive:
- A link to a reflection activity available electronically and focused on the GRIT-building theme of that month
- A link to a list of activities to choose from to support attention and personal development in the area of that month’s theme
- The GRIT Pledge expects students to choose at least 2 activities from the list
- Activities have a tracking function – e.g. sign in, quiz, journal entry, etc.–which must be completed and submitted by last Monday of the month.
- A question linked to that month’s theme, to be either submitted in writing or by video on the last day of that month.
In addition to developing and engaging in pathways for success, each month of activities completed earns one more chance for prizes in the end of semester and end of year drawings – held at special campus celebrations for participants.
Questions about GRIT? Contact Karey Pine, Vice President for Student Affairs by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at (315) 655-7310.