While the College provides the basic furnishings for residential students (a single bed, desk, chair and closet space) we recommend a few additional items to help you feel at home.
Bed Linens for Twin Bed
- Sheets (standard size)
- Comforter or bed spread
- Mattress pad
- Dryer sheets
- Laundry bag/basket
- Automatic shut-off iron
- Desk-top ironing board
- Drying rack
- Soap dish
- Personal hygiene items
- Bathroom trash can
- Bathroom caddy to carry shower supplies
- Tooth brush case/holder
- Pens, pencils, pencil sharpener, notebooks
- Pushpins, scotch tape (to hang things on bulletin boards)
- Notebook paper/pads
- Trash bags
- Cleaning products for your room
COVID-19 Related Items
- Face masks/coverings
- Hand sanitizer
- Vitamins/OTC cold remedies
- Camp chair or blanket for personal outdoor seating
- Disinfectant spray
- Clorox wipes
- Alarm Clock
- Wastepaper & recycling baskets
- Flashlight with batteries
- Towels and washcloths
- Flip-flops to wear to/from showers
- First-Aid kit (w/basics)
- Refrigerator (2.7 cubic feet)
- Pictures, posters, plants
- Microwave no more than 1,500 watts
- Ear plugs
- Snack food
- Memo board
- Key chain
- Lock box/security box
- Small radio/stereo
- Power strip w/circuit breaker (extension cords are not permitted)
- Desk lamp (halogen lamps are not permitted - due to potential fire hazard)
Each room is equipped with an overhead light, twin beds, dressers, desks, desk chairs, and closet or wardrobe. All residential buildings have carpeted rooms. Each room is also wired with one telephone jack and computer network jack for each student, as well as with one cable hookup per room**.
*An adapter will be needed from ICT and a calling card is required for non-local numbers
**The College does not provide cable service. Students can set up an account with the local cable provider, if desired.
Each residence hall has a laundry facility.
Fire Safety and Health Codes
Due to fire safety, health codes and construction limitations, the following items present a health and safety risk in the residence halls and are not allowed:
- Cooking appliances with open flames or exposed heating elements
- Candles or incense
- Halogen lamps
- Pets (except non-carnivorous fish)
- Extension cords (only fire safe power strips are permitted)
- Coffee Pots with exposed heating elements.
- Air conditioners
- Charcoal or gas grills
Cazenovia is like any community. It is not recommended that you bring extremely valuable items to campus such as expensive stereos, jewelry or large amounts of cash. If you choose to bring valuables to campus, it is strongly suggested that you acquire adequate insurance coverage in case items are lost or stolen.
Please refer to the Cazenovia College Student Handbook and Housing Agreement for more detailed information regarding health and safety policies.
We look forward to your arrival! See you soon!