Several working professionals will be speaking about their careers with Cazenovia students over the next several weeks as part of the College’s “Careers in Art and Photography” Speaker Series.
Each spring, professionals from the fields of studio art, photography, art education, art therapy, and arts administration are invited to present insights about their careers and their workdays for the first-year colloquium speaker series. This year’s talks are being conducted virtually. Links to the talks will be shared with the campus community via email prior to the lectures, according to Professor Anita Welych, director of the Arts Management program.
The schedule of speakers is:
- Tuesday, February 22 7:00 pm - Travis Duffy ’15, art teacher
- Friday, March 4 2:30 pm - Patricia Mazzera, freelance photographer
- Tuesday, March 15 7:00 pm - Lena deLeo, art therapist
- Friday, March 25 2:30 pm - Travis Newton, director of arts administration, LeMoyne College
- Friday, April 1 2:30 pm - Sarah Powell ‘14, art business owner
- Friday, April 15 2:30 pm - Nancy Barno Reynolds, director, Broome County Arts Council
- Alice Patterson, a branding photographer and small business owner, addressed students on February 18.
In addition, three working artists are scheduled to speak to students regarding their art. They are:
- Monday, February 28 4:00 pm Laura Reeder (Reeder is a lecturer in art and art education at Boston University)
- Monday, March 14 4:00 pm Sarah McCoubrey (McCoubrey is a professor at the College of Visual and Performing Arts at Syracuse University)
- Monday, April 4 4:00 pm Chris Duncan (tentatively scheduled) (Duncan is a Schenectady, NY artist who creates small and large sculpture and works on paper)