Cazenovia College’s Division for Humanities & Natural Sciences presented annual awards to six students at a ceremony recently honoring their special academic achievements.
The following students were recognized:
- Jaclyn Atkins, of Manlius, who was presented with the Harwant K. Dosanjh Endowed Scholarship Award for Excellence in Calculus or Chemistry by a junior student
- Amy Bubb, of Clay, who was presented with the Betty and Robert Mahaney Award in Effective Speaking
- Gracie Wright, of Red Creek, who was presented with the Harwant K. Dosanjh Award for Excellence in Chemistry or Calculus; Gracie Wright also was awarded a second honor, the Howe Award for Excellence in Mathematics
- Madison O’Rourke, of Liverpool, who was named recipient of the Maryrose Eannace Award for Excellence in Theater
- Johnathan Kenyon, of Woodbury, New Jersey; who was selected as the Outstanding Senior Capstone in Biology
- Kiernan Blouin, of Cazenovia, who was named as the Outstanding Senior Capstone in Environmental Biology
Maureen M. Louis, J.D., chair of the division, presented the awards. She noted the significance of the occasion and the extra recognition due to students who persevered during an unusual academic year of learning throughout COVID-19 conditions. "We are delighted to recognize the academic excellence of our students in the Humanities and Natural Sciences. Especially in this challenging year, it is a wonderful to celebrate these accomplishments," she said.