1,824 minutes. Every Wildcat. Everywhere.
We’re Giving Day Record-Setters in 2020!
There’s great news to report: The Fourth Annual Giving Day initiative last week was a BIG success!
This year, more than ever, our students have needed support -- and Caz contributors came through in a BIG way.
- This year’s effort is the best one yet in terms of total dollars raised over all four Giving Day years.
- Dollars raised totaled well over $30,000 (and some contributions are still being mailed).
- The total amount contributed was $7,292 more than 2019’s total.
- Participation was up, too! (54% of gifts were from alumni; 10% from current students and parents; 10% from friends of the college; and 25% from faculty and staff).
- The highest participating class was again the Class of 1988. That group took the top spot for the greatest number of donors participating of any of the Caz classes.
- Members from classes in a range of decades participated, from 1958 to the Class of 2019.
- Top designations for gifts were the Cazenovia Fund, ($17,173), The Student Emergency Assistance Fund ($1,718), and the Division of Art and Design ($2,696).
In a normal year, these gifts are transformative, bridging the gap in financial aid packages, meeting unexpected costs of attendance, and covering travel expenses in athletics, for instance. But this year, when student need has been so affected by COVID-19 and so many families are struggling financially, the support is truly crucial to students.
The College thanks everyone very much for their generosity and support. We are grateful to everyone who contributed and for all those who used the campaign’s “Advocates” and “Social Sharing” functions to promote Giving Day, too.